GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, BURDWAN
P.O : LAKURDI, KAZIRHAT, BURDWAN-713102
ADMISSION TO B.ED. COURSE OF STUDY
INFORMATION FOR THE SESSION 2023-2025
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE COUNSELLING :
- 1. Mere inclusion in the list for counselling does not guarantee one’s final admission to the course. Data provided in the online application must be verified first.
- 2. As and when the seats of any subject will be filled up, immediately the admission for that subject will be closed.
- 3. Listed candidates who will remain absent in the particular day of counselling will not be considered in similar manner.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FRESH CANDIDATES BEFORE ADMISSION:
- Aadhaar Card & Epic in original
- All testimonials/certificates in original
- Two copies of passport size photographs
- Printed copy of the downloaded application form (updated)
- Self attested photocopies of all testimonials/certificates (each one copy)
- Candidates with CGPA method of the mark sheet must ensure CGPA to percentage conversion formula of the respective University
- Anti Ragging form duly filled in (Format to be downloaded from website)
- Admission fees, as referred earlier, to be deposited after the successful verification of all documents.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DEPUTED CANDIDATES BEFORE ADMISSION:
Besides the above noted documents they are required to produce
- Original appointment letter
- Original Confirmation letter
- M.C resolution duly attested by H.M
- Certificate from D.I.
- NOC from H.M. (Format to be downloaded from website)
Important notice for admission procedure 2023-25 :
- 1. Mere inclusion of any candidate’s name in the merit list will not confirm the right to admission.
- 2. Admission to a particular category / subject will be closed as and when the number of seats earmarked to that particular category / subject will exhaust.
- 3.2 (two) passport size colour photographs, Original copies of all the relevant documents , along with one set of self attested photocopies must be produced at the time of admission.
- 4.The downloaded filled-in application form must be produced.
- 5.Untrained Deputed candidates are required to produce the original appointment letter(s) in support of their service experience, copy of the M.C. resolution, and N.O.C. in prescribed format.
- 6. ANTI-RAGGING declaration from newly admitted candidates and their parents is required in the prescribed pro-forma which is to be downloaded. ...... click here to download
- 7. Admission fees of Rs. 15000/- (Fifteen Thousand only) should be deposited in the designated bank on the day of admission only when all the documents will be verified satisfactorily.
- 8. Results published within 14/09/2023 will be accepted for academic scoring However original marksheet must be produced at the time of counselling
- 9. All candidates are instructed to follow the ‘important notes’ as laid down in the admission portal of the college very carefully and act accordingly.
- Govt. College of Education, Burdwan, is NCTE recognised. It is affiliated to BSAU (erstwhile WBUTTEPA) w.e.f 01.08.2021.
Candidates are advised to read the information carefully before filling up the application form. They should collect, on their own, information about the publication of merit list from college portal. Admission will be done strictly on the basis of merit list and experience (in case of deputed candidates).
- 1. Issue of application form to a candidate does not ensure eligibility for admission to the course.
- 2. Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/Job/Full-time Research Work/ Job on contractual or part-time basis, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously.
- 3. Fresh candidates must verify eligibility as in (5), age limit as in (6), and availability of method subject as in (8) before applying the course.
- 4. For untrained deputed candidates only: As per Govt. Order no. 372-Edn (CS) /10M-20/2015 dated 8th June, 2023. 5% seats are to be reserved for untrained deputed teachers of classes VI - XII. If the seats, reserved for deputed teachers, remain vacant, they may be de-reserved and offered to the fresh candidates.
- 5. Eligibility to apply: Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree and/or in the Master's Degree in sciences/social sciences/humanities, Bachelor's in engineering or technolgy with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualifications equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST & DA/PWD (Differently Abled) categories.
- 6. Age Limit: Age of the Fresh Candidates as on 8th June, 2023 shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in favour of DA/PWD category candidates.
- 7. Reservation :The reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD shall be as per rules.
PWD having less than 40% disability will be treated as General candidate SC/ST/OBC-A /OBC-B candidates residing outside West Bengal will be treated as General.
- 8. Availability of Method Subjects :
Bengali, English, Hindi, Geography, History, Economics, Education, Physical Science (Chemistry /Physics) and Mathematics
- 9. Availability of method subjects in the college may be changed at any stage during the process of admission to the Course.
- 10. Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed), who did not study the desired method subject at the degree level will not be considered for admission even if their names are found in the list. Untrained Deputed Candidates shall have to take the subject as the method subject (available in the institution) in which they are the approved teachers.
- 11. Availability of Application Form: Application Form shall be available only through online on College Website : www.gceburdwan.in
- 12. Before submitting the application form, candidates must ensure that they have carefully entered their detailed information and the marks in different columns of the form.
- 13. Duly filled in application form, should be submitted through online.
- 14. All candidates must submit 2 copies of passport size colored photographs and self attested photo copies of Aadhar Card, Admit Card (M.P./S.E) or equivalent ) , Mark sheets (both sides) of all public examinations passed and Certificate(s) of M.Phil, and/or Ph.D.(if any) and must produce the original copies of the said testimonials at the time of counselling.
- 15. Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed), who are seeking reservation against SC/ST category, must enclose self attested photo copy of the Certificate obtained from the competent authority to authenticate their claim. Relevant certificate must confirm to THE W.B. GOVT. MEMO NO. 1813-BCW/MR-94/11 dated Kolkata, 20th June, 2011, or rectification, if any.
- 16. The Certificate with recent photograph must be obtained from one of the authorities listed below :
- a. Deputy Director, Backward Classes Welfare, West Bengal and Commissioner, Backward Classes Welfare, West Bengal in case of candidates claiming to be Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe residing in any part of West Bengal.
- b. Deputy Commissioner of Land Revenue, Kolkata, Collector of Stamp Revenue, Kolkata, Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata, Addl.
- c. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata, 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Officer, Deputy Collector, Addl. District Magistrate, Collector and District Magistrate with their respective jurisdictions in case of candidates claiming to be Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe and ordinary residing within such jurisdictions.
- 17. Deputed candidates must enclose the Copy (ies) of Approval for the post(s) held at present and earlier along with the resolution of the Managing Committee of the School concerned (present employer). Teachers teaching for classes VI-XII in the Govt. and Govt. Aided Institutions only, shall be considered as Deputed Candidates.
- 18. No candidate is allowed to submit more than one application form. Submission of more than one application form may lead to cancellation of the candidature.
- 19. For DA/PWD Candidates only : Candidates who are seeking reservation against DA/PWD category, must enclose self attested photo copy of the Certificate obtained from the competent authority to authenticate their claim and the certificate must be obtained from the authority not below the rank of a Superintendent of Sub-Divisional Hospital. If any discrepancy found at any stage the candidature will be cancelled.
- (a) For Deputed Candidates irrespective of categories (Gen, S.C, S.T. & DA/PWD), provisional merit list along with waiting list shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service. In case of same length of service of two or more candidates, the 2nd and 3rd criteria shall be Academic Score and Date of Birth respectively.
- (b) For Fresh Candidates of all categories (Gen., SC., ST.,& DA/PWD), subject wise provisional merit list along with waiting list shall be prepared on the basis of their Grade Points to be computed as per the following norms. :
- (i) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination. For students of ICSE & CBSE the percentage of marks for class 10th will be calculated out of total marks 500 (English & other best 4 subjects.)
- (ii) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the (H.S.)(10 +2) or Equivalent Examination. For students of ICSE & CBSE the percentage of marks for class 12th will be calculated out of total marks 400 (English & other best 3 subjects.)
(iii) a) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A/B.Sc (Gen) Examinations.
b) 30% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./Hons. or Equivalent Examinations.
- (iv) 30% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examinations.
(v) The CGPA score should be converted to percentage of marks according to respective university norms.
(vi) a) Ad hoc 5 marks shall be awarded for M.Phil Degree or,
b) Ad hoc 8 marks shall be awarded for Ph.D.Degree.(Candidates with M.Phil & Ph.D. degree both, only 8 marks shall be awarded.)
20. Selection Procedure :
- 21. Provisional Merit List along with Waiting List will be published on the college Website no. www.gceburdwan.in
- 22. In addition, deputed candidates must have to submit 'No Objection Certificate" in original,
(Template to be downloaded ...... click here) at the time of admission, taken from their employer permitting them to pursue the course of studies on fulltime basis.
- 23. The minimum attendance of student teachers shall be 80% for all course work & practicum and 90% for school internship as per NCTE Regulation-2014.
- 24. The college reserves the right to drop or include any name if any suppression of facts on the part of the applicant or any mistake in the calculation of grade point is detected at any stage before and after admission.
- 25. Rules of The Govt. of West Bengal, the NCTE and BSAU (erstwhile WBUTTEPA) shall be followed.
- 26. Fees:: No application fee is required, as per Govt. Order No. 372-Edn (CS) /10M-20/2015 dated 8th June, 2023.
- 27. Bank Details (For Admission Fees only) :: A/C No.1418050010026, A/C Name: Government College of Education, Burdwan, Bank Name: Punjab National Bank, Branch: Burdwan Medical College, IFSC: PUNB0141820.
Admission 2023-25: Intake of students in various subject and categories
|PWD (Any Subject)||-||-||-||-||-||2||2|
|ST (Any Subject)||-||-||3||-||-||-||3|
|DEPUTED (Any Subject)||2||1||-||-||-||-||3|
Important Dates of Online Admission :
- The last and final round of Counselling cum Admission will be held on 22/11/2023 Wednesday at 11.00 a.m. at College campus.
- 01-09-2023 (Friday) Admission portal opens
- 14-09-23 (Thursday Midnight) Admission Portal closes
- 01-09-23 to 15-09-23 (Friday upto 11AM) Rectification/Correction mails will be received.
- Admission date is extended upto 15.09.2023 (Midnight) Rectification / Correction upto 16.09.2023 (Saturday 11 AM).
- Provisional Merit List will be published on 16.09.2023 (Saturday)
- List for first Counselling will be published on 19.09.2023 (Tuesday)
- 1st Counselling cum Admission will be held on 22.09.2023 (Friday) 11.a.m.
- 2nd Counselling cum Admission will be held on 29.09.2023 (Friday) at 11:00 am. Venue : College campus.
- The students admitted in Semester I, session 2023-2025 are hereby informed to attend college for the Orientation Programme to be held on 06.10.2023 (Friday) at 11:00 am